To know about the Tuna and Herb Pie Recipe, check out the ingredients, with its procedures below. And let’s see how crispy and yummy your homemade Tuna and Herb Pie is.
Tuna and Herb Pie Recipe
We do really love pies! Actually, in our home we make a different kinds of pies like veggie pies and meat pies, but this time we are going to make a tuna pie with herb! This Tuna and Herb Pie recipe that we are going to make is the best in what I can always say and even the friends of my family loves it because this Tuna and Herb Pie is never been absent in any occasions like parties and its very delicious and it sounds the crispiness in every single bite. This recipe is been with us since I was kid, and my grandpa shares this recipe with me. And now, since I can’t share some of my Tuna and Herb Pie, I am going to share this recipe instead.
- 8 slices of whole meal bread (remove the crust)
- 4 pieces of eggs
- 2 pieces of shallots (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of natural yogurt
- 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. of chopped fresh dill (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 canned tuna (flaked and drained) or can be salmon instead of tuna
- Cut the shallots into ring shape.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, yogurt, juice and pepper.
- Spread the tuna over bread base and then sprinkle with cheese, shallots and dill.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over the tuna.
- Let it bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Cut into squares or fingers.
- Serve either hot or cold.
With this Tuna and Herb Pie that is rich with beneficial facts, it will truly burst your immune system. Especially with those who take their diet plan, it is best when you include this recipe in your list. It helps to reduce the risk of obesity because it has Omega 3 fatty acids that improves your body cells. So, that’s it for today and thanks for viewing.
And aside from this Tuna and Herb Pie we have also another healthy Pie Recipe like, the Sweet Potato Pie Recipe.