Being a health-conscious is really a good thing. You can start it by learning healthy and yummy recipes just like Strawberry and Blueberry Pie.
I always prefer healthy ingredients for the rest of food I make, and one of my favorite foods to bake is this strawberry and blueberry pie. Making this recipe made me feel secure about my health and the rest of my family who loves to eat it. Every weekend, me and my friend who is a baker too, head on our favorite farmer market to buy some freshly picked strawberries and blueberries.
We bought big baskets of this fruits that is enough for one week consumption. Having a big basket of these fresh fruits inspires me to create different types of delectable foods in which strawberries and blueberries are the main ingredients. So today, I would like to share you this strawberry and blueberry pie recipe that we always enjoy.
Hope that like me and my friend, you would also give joy other people who want to eat healthy foods like this strawberry and blueberry pie recipe. So let’s start preparing this delectable recipe that you can share to your family and friends.
All you need is to compile few ingredients (below) and you can have your own mini strawberry and blueberry pie that yields 5 servings.
Strawberry and Blueberry Pie Recipe
3 cups of strawberries
1 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tbsp. of lemon juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Roll the pie dough and fill it with mini pie dishes. Cut the stars on the top of the pie using a small star cookie cutter and layer it with as many stars as you like.
- After that, in a saucepan, toss it with lemon juice, cornstarch, sugar, dash of salt and bring to boil. Reduce its temperature and simmer it within few minutes.
- Fill a half cup of berry pie filling.
- This time, bake it within 20-25 minutes.