Today is another day for some fantastic recipe, and I’m sharing with you my blue velvet cake which I’ve learnt from my Aunt last Christmas. Me and my mother loves its concept and taste so I decided to make this. Check out the whole process below:
Blue Velvet Cake Recipe
Here’s what you will need for blue velvet cake recipe:
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder 1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup of vegetable oil
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of buttermilk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 to 2 ounce of blue food coloring
½ cup of plain coffee
1 teaspoon of white distilled vinegar
Here’s what you will need to do:
- Preheat your oven 325°.
- Into a medium sized bowl start by adding the 2 cups of all-purpose flour followed by 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of salt. Add in the 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder. Whisk and mix the ingredients and make sure that they are incorporated. You can also sift them if you like.
- In a separate bowl, add in the 1 cup of vegetable oil and 2 cups of sugar. Stir and mix them well a little bit to combine nicely. Add in the 2 eggs, 1 cup of buttermilk, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 1 to 2 ounce of Blue food coloring. Mix them all well with your mixer.
- Add in the ½ cup of plain coffee, this will make your Blue Velvet Cake moist and adds flavor to the chocolate. Add the 1 teaspoon of white distilled vinegar. Stir them all well up and make sure they are well combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients using your mixer. Mix it just until they are well combined. Do not over mix them so that you won’t get a dry mix of cake. Don’t forget to scrape the sides of the bowl and make sure that you get them mix through.
- Grease and flour two round baking pan generously in order to avoid the cake sticking into the pan. Pour the batter nice and even amount on both pans.
- Place in the middle rack of your oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. You can check by using a toothpick, the toothpick will come out clean.
- Once done, remove from oven and let them cool until pan is warm to touch.
- Use offset spatula around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake. Making sure that the cake will not stick in the sides as you flip them over. Give a few little taps so that it’ll be easier for it to take out. Do the same process with the other pan.
- When cake is completely cooled off, you can add on some cream cheese icing that you want. Or you can try any icing that you like.
I hope you like this blue velvet cake recipe and enjoy it.