Today, we are making pineapple upside down cake, one of my favorite cakes to make and to eat. I don’t usually eat a lot of cake I used to have a very small portions but this is one of my exceptions. Now, let’s start first with the ingredients.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
4 slices of fresh Pineapple or canned pineapple
1 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
2/3 cup Sour Cream
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
2 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
1 tbsp. Water
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/8 tsp. Salt
¼ Cup Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Get your oven nice and hot to 350 degrees. Spray with nonstick cooking spray a 9 inch round cake pan.
- In a pan put 2 tbsp. of butter and place it in the oven until the butter literally just melts.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar into the melted butter and also a tablespoon of water and mix to mix.
- To that, place the pineapple slices over the brown sugar mixture and add the cherries all around as much or as little as you want then set aside while you make the batter.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until combine.
- Add the egg, vanilla and sour cream that make this cake moist, mix until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and just mix it until nice and thick. Pour the batter into the pineapple and sugar mixture.
- Baked it for 30 – 35 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out dry, it’s perfect!
- Take it out in the oven after 35 minutes and let it sit for 5 minutes only otherwise the caramel will harden and will stick to the pan.
- Put it in plate and let it cool for 30 minutes.
I hope you had enjoy the recipe as much as I have enjoyed sharing one of the best recipe that was taught to me by my grandmother. Don’t forget to share your pineapple upside down cake with your family and friends.