Tired of peanut butter in sandwich? why not trying this old recipe that i know is new for some of you, the Peanut Butter Custard Pie! check it out how!
Spoon the peanut butter into a pie crust! Yeah! And because were tired from eating peanut sandwich, then we also tried this Peanut Butter Custard Pie.
Before the sunset goes down and make it into night, I discover some yummy and great pie that verybody will surely enjoy, and good thing because they love peanut butter, so I decided to tried this Peanut Butter Custard Pie. At first, it was not successful, but in the second trial, I can say that I now learn from my mistakes about baking this Peanut Butter Custard Pie, and made it even like a pro.
And now, I want you guys to try it too. Hope you will enjoy it and bake it for just 1 try, unlike mine. Good luck!
- 1 (10-inch) deep dish pie crust (baked and cooled)
- 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. of butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 large pieces of egg yolks
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 3 cups of milk
- While the crust is cooling let’s make for our filling.
- Mix the egg yolks together with the milk, sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan.
- And then, add the margarine and cook it over a medium low heat while stirring it frequently until the mixture boils and forms thickens for about 15 minutes.
- Let it boil for a minute and then remove it from heat and then stir in peanut butter and also the vanilla extract.
- When it’s done, pour out the filling into the cooled pie crust.
- Cover it and refrigerate the pie until it is set for about four hours or much better overnight.
- After an overnight rest from the fridge, cover the pie surface with meringue and also with 8 oz. of thawed whipped topping.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Beat the egg whites until becomes stiff.
- And then gradually add the sugar and cream of tartar and then beat them until becomes glossy.
- Spread it on the pie surface sealing to our crust.
- And then, place it in a 375 degrees F oven and toast until golden brown.
- When it’s done, cool it into room temperature.
For other pie recipes, you can also try this Custard Pie recipe. Enjoy and have fun with this Peanut Butter Custard Pie Recipe guys!