To make you feel so good today, I would suggest, that you must try this Oatmeal Pie, it’s a super energizing, very yummy and delicious that you can also include in your dessert menu’s for any occasion or you can made it for today’s dessert or breakfast, or even if you’re having a bad day, this will be a good remedy. try this!
If you’re looking for an appetizing and energizing breakfast or for a dessert menu, then my suggestion for you today is the Oatmeal Pie, why Oatmeal Pie? Because aside from you’ll get an energetic effect from it, it’s also a low calorie food and has a high level of protein which is so beneficial into our bodies. Don’t worry also because like the other pie’s, you can made this one so simple.
So, if were you, I would take this and bake it for my breakfast too but since I have my Oatmeal Cookies in here, I will just have this Oatmeal pie for the other day. So you guys enjoy and have a pleasant day!
- 3 pieces of eggs
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 2/3 cup of quick-cooking rolled oats, uncooked
- 2/3 cup of flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp. of butter, softened
- 1 pie shell (unbaked)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Combine the eggs with the sugar, vanilla extract, milk and butter at the mixer and then mix until well blended.
- After that, stir in the oats with coconut and pecans and then stir again to mix them well.
- And then, pour the mixture into unbaked pie shell and bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 45 minutes, or until the pie is set and lightly browned.
- After it is baked, you can serve the Oatmeal Pie with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
And to make the Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup of half-and-half or light cream
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 12 to 14 light (vanilla) caramels
- First, in a glass bowl combine the caramels with the half-and-half and then butter.
- And then take it in the microwave on a medium power for about 30 seconds.
- Stir and then continue microwaving until it melted while stirring for every 30 seconds or until it smooth.
- And when the Caramel sauce is finally made, serve the caramel in warm sauce over oatmeal pie.
And that’s how you are going to prepare the Oatmeal Pie, it’s really easy and so breezy, you can also teach your kids to do this like my mom did to me since I was young, and now I can humbly say, I am a master in this Oatmeal Pie Recipe and soon if I had my own child, I would love to share my knowledge on how they will going to make this Oatmeal Pie recipe.
This Oatmeal Pie is also good especially when it is partnered with some ice cream like the Cardamom Ice Cream.