What makes a cake better to eat? Well of course, it’s because of it’s primary ingredients and the level of mastery in making it.
An amazing recipe that a woman’s perspective on Valentine’s Day is the red velvet cake. Today, I’m go to share with you a sweet treats for valentine’s day and spread the love with this red velvet cake. A lot of people are intimidate of making red velvet cake because they think it’s difficult but they are actually quite easy if you break it down to steps. Let’s start with the ingredients.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. unsweetened, cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 oz. Red food coloring
1 tsp. white distilled vinegar
½ cup hot black coffee (don’t skip this ingredient)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, pour the dry ingredients flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt and whisk them together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add in sugar and vegetable oil and combine.
- To that, mix in the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla and red food coloring mix that up until well combined.
- Pour in the coffee and white vinegar into the batter.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, mixing after each addition and make sure not to over mix.
- Spray a nonstick cooking spray to the two round cake pans and pour the batter evenly into each pan.
- Bake it for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a cooling rack.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and let them cool completely and frost the cake with cream cheese frosting or any icing you want to use.
I hope you guys enjoy the best red velvet cake recipe. Check out for more delicious recipe here while you savor the taste of your freshly bake Red Velvet Cake with your lover.