When boredom strike, baking cookies is a great thing to do. So if you had a boring day today, make some noise in your kitchen of trying this easy Lemon Melts, a cookies that will really melt in your mouth and want it for more.
This Lemon Melts, will totally melt in your mouth and make you feel so heavenly melted after an applied bite in each cookies. Even me, I felt that way because it’s really yummy and the cookies are so tender, I can say it’s really perfect and my morning will not be completely good without having cookies like this Lemon Melts. And now, I want to reveal some secret recipe on how you are going to make the Lemon Melts very easy and free from sweat and hassle. I learnt this recipe through my Grandma who loves to bake cookies for me and for my cousins while we were kids and until now. And here are the listed ingredients you will need down below including the simple procedures.
So, Good luck and enjoy the baking!
- 3/4 cup of butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon zest
For the Glaze
- 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of lemon extract or 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. of milk
So, if the listed ingredients above are now prepared than let’s move on to our simple procedures.
- Cream the butter and the sugar until smooth.
- And then, gradually stir in the flour and cornstarch while continuously mixing until smooth.
- Blend in the lemon juice and zest and divide the dough in half and then shape into two rolls and wrap it tightly in the plastic wrap or wax paper and chill for an overnight or at least two hours.
- Nest, slice the dough into 1/4-inch slices (or to desired size you would like) and place at least an inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- And then, bake for about 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees F oven or until cookies are set.
- Note: cookies will not brown.
- After that, remove the cookies from baking sheet to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze:
- Whisk the sugar with lemon extract.
- And then, add enough milk to form drizzling consistency and drizzle the cookies lightly with glaze in a zigzag fashion.
- And lastly, allow the cookies to stand for at least 30 minutes.
Lemon Melts is really good, especially going outdoor for a sweet escape picnic and other events that Lemon Melts will be good.
And if you like some recipes for other events and purposes, you can also try this Oatmeal Pie which is also a good meal for everyone. But don’t forget to share this Lemon Melts Recipe.