Try it and you won’t regret it! I don’t know if you would agree with me but it’s far the chocolatiest brownie I’ve ever tasted!
I’ve watched the video on TLC years ago and since then, this has been one of the family’s favorite sweets. Even when we have parties at home couple of times each year, this has never been missing in one of the desserts on the table. Everyone just loves these brownies!
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 200 g good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) , broken up
- 75 g dried sour cherries , optional (I prefer to have the dried mixed fruits and berries, the ones we use for fruit cakes)
- 50 g chopped nuts , optional
- 80 g cocoa powder , sifted (which is about 12-14 tbsps)
- 65 g plain flour , sifted (It is about 10tbsps)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 360 g caster sugar
- 4 large free-range eggs
– Preheat oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Line a 25cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
– Simmer water in a large pan then put on a smaller pan with your butter and chocolate on it to melt and mix until smooth.
– Add the cherries and nuts if you’re using them and stir together.
– In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and sugar, then add this to the chocolate, cherry and nut mixture. Stir together well.
– Beat the eggs and mix it until you have a silky consistency.
Pour your brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the oven for around 25 minutes or LESS! You don’t want to overcook them.
The brownies should be slightly springy on the outside but still gooey in the middle.
Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares.
They can also be served with a dollop of cream or frosting!