Make your day more vibrant with this new recipe that id like to share for you, and that’s the Italian Love Knots! I’m sure you will really love this tied knots with a sweet icing and taste like so heavenly. Enjoy!
No one can ever resist to this cute Italian Love Knots Recipe, even me because aside from being cute with this Italian Love Knots, it taste very sweet and yummy and my kids so love it, especially my little girl Iyah, who is 3 years old. After spreading the icing, I also add some sprinkles of chocolate and then a rainbow sprinkle to make it yummier to look and make it more irresistible. And today, id like to share this recipe for you guys so that you can share it with your kids or even to your friends. I’m sure everybody would really be in love with this recipe for it is so heavenly and tasty. The ingredients with its easy procedures are just down below to follow, so enjoy and good luck!
Italian Love Knots Recipe
- 2 cups margarine
- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 16 cups of flour
- 3 oz. of anise extract (not anise oil), or orange extract, or juice of one orange and grated rind)
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 12 pieces of eggs (beaten)
- 4 tbsp. of baking powder
For the Icing
- 2 lb. of powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. of margarine
- 1 tsp. of vanilla (almond or lemon extract)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of water
- If the margarine is coming directly from the refrigerator, microwave a little until becomes soft.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together for a minute or two. And keep stirring until both are blend in.
- Add the milk together with the eggs, orange (if using), then baking powder and flour. The dough should be soft but not sticky.
- On a lightly floured board, divide into small balls (depends on how inch you would like), then roll it like a pencil with a size of your fingers.
- Put on the cookie sheets with parchment paper liner and then bake at 375 degrees F until light brown, maybe 5 to 7 minutes. Be watchful for it is too hot.
- And then, apply the icing when cool.
- Mix together all but the water and then add the water gradually to desired thickness.
- And spread on cookies.
And that is the Italian Love Knots, you will surely love the not just the cute tied knots but the very sweet and delicious taste of it.
And maybe, it will be more enjoyable if you will add some dessert that will kill the hotness of this season, and that the Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe, isn’t it amazing? So, click and check it out!
Don’t forget to share this Italian Love Knots Recipe with your friends.