Want something different and delicious bread recipe? Check out this Rainbow Swirl Bread that consist of different colors that you will surely love!
If you want to bake delicious and attractive bread, why don’t you try the rainbow swirl bread where you can actually upgrade any ordinary bread into a colorful and tastier one? Well, it really sounds great to have some colorful foods being displayed on your dining table which makes you and other people want to eat more.
Rainbow swirl bread doesn’t only attract kid’s attention but also attracts almost each one of us. From its colors itself, we can always say that it may taste different compared to others out there. That’s why for today’s recipe, I will tell you exactly how to make a rainbow swirl bread in a very easy way. So let’s not waste time and let’s start this amazing bread recipe immediately!
Rainbow Swirl Bread Recipe
1 cup of milk and 1 egg yolk (Put in 1 cup together)
Food colouring (green yellow, blue and Red)
1 1/4 tbsp. of softened pure butter
3 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp. of dry yeast
2 1/4 tbsp. of granulated sugar
2 tsp. of salt
- In a small medium-sized bowl, whisk the egg yolk and milk well and bake it for 30 seconds. Set aside for later use.
- Get a large bowl and whisk together the flour, yeast and sugar very well.
- This time, stir in the milk mixture, salt and butter then mix it very well. If you have a dough hook and stand mixer, knead the dough just until it becomes very smooth and elastic. You can also do it by hand but it will take you 10 minutes to make the dough smooth.
- Divide your dough in 5 equal pieces and put it into 5 small bowls individually. When done, cover it with tea towel.
- Get one piece of dough from a bowl and place it on a cutting board. Add 10 drops of food coloring and keep adding as you go. Use a gloves to prevent your hands get dyed, start kneading the dough while adding more food coloring in it until it is fully colored.
- Shape the dough into a ball and put it back to the bowl where you get it. Repeat the whole process for the remaining dough. You can also combine different colors like red + blue which results to purple just make sure to wash your gloves as well as your work surface to prevent other colors affecting the other.
- Again, cover the small bowls with tea towel within 1 to 2 hours until it size gets doubled.
- Remove the red dough and roll it out on a floured surface forming it into 8 x 4 inch rectangular. Set aside. Repeat the process for the remaining dough and place it directly on every top of colored dough you have finished.
- Finally, roll up the dough and form into a loaf. Place it in a lightly greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with its tea towel cover and let it rise for about 1 hour. Remove the cover for baking.
- Heat your oven to 375°F and bake until it gets brown for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the loaf and let it cool before slicing to maintain its form. Serve and Enjoy!
Hope this bread recipe will make you and other people happy. Get satisfy with its taste and enjoy its colorful and exciting presentation. Thanks for dropping by and you may bake the best Rainbow Swirl Bread.