Get to know how to make your French bread tastier and crispier by checking out this recipe. See it now!
French bread is one of the easiest and delicious bread recipes on earth. Although it only requires few ingredients, still it needs a bit of your patience in preparing it to come up with a bread that is softy inside and crispy outside. Still, it’s not surprising that despite of the easy steps on preparing this bread, there are some people out there that couldn’t get their French bread done perfect, right?
Well, as a baker of different bread recipes, all I can say is never stop trying until you get the taste you want on your own French bread before exploring to other complicated ones. This is better compared to buying yourself bread in your local stores that aren’t so delicious sometimes.
So much better if you will start learning this recipe so you could enjoy eating the best bread in your entire life that is made from your own two hands!
Tasty French bread Recipe
1 pack of active dry yeast
3 cups of bread flour
1-1/4 cups of warm water (110 degrees F)
Pinch of salt
1 beaten egg white
- In a large bowl, mix the yeast and water and sit for 3-5 minutes or until you see that starts to bubble up.
- After it bubbled, add 2 ½ cups of flour and mix it well until you can form a dough. Cover and let it rise for 15 minutes or so.
- Once done, put the dough on floured surface and start kneading it. Add the remaining flour and continue kneading about 8 minutes or until the dough is elastic.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and place the dough then covered. Let it rise for 40 minutes or until the dough is doubled.
- Punch down the dough and sit for 5 minutes. Divide it into two and put the other half back to the bowl and cover it while rolling the other half on a floured surface. When done, repeat with other half dough.
- When done rolling, cover and let it rise again until it is doubled. Cut slits on the top of the by using a knife.
- Pre-heat you oven into 450 degrees. Brush gently with egg whites and bake it for about 20 minutes or it is finally golden brown. Once down, serve and enjoy.