Want some yummy cake for this hot season? Sure, why not! Try this Herman Orange Raisin Cake that is flavored with heavenly orange and filled with surprising raisins inside that you will surely be in love. So, good luck and enjoy!
Herman Orange Raisin Cake Recipe
I so love raisins, in bread, macaroni, or even in spaghetti and cake! Yeap! Sometimes my friends call me weird, but after they had tasted my recipes with raisins, all they can say is “uhhhmm” and then “wow”, we just look at each other and then laugh, and then right after that moment they really know why I love raisins, and they never call me weird again. So, for you id like you to try this also, and I’m sure you will be amazed with this cake that is Herman Orange Raisin Cake which is flavored in orange and then filled with raisins that is so yummy and delicious cake ever. So scroll down for the ingredients with its simple procedures to follow.
- 1 cup of Herman
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter (melted and cooled)
- 2tbsp. of oil
- 1 large piece of egg
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce
- 1 tbsp. of grated orange peel
- 1/1/2 tsp. of orange extract
- 1 tsp. of apple pie spice
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of powdered cloves
- Combine all the ingredients that are listed above while adding each ingredient one at a time and beating for about 30 seconds after each addition.
- Beat for about 4 min. after last addition and then let the batter rest for about 5 minutes while you put one of cup raisins in small sieve and run under cold water.
- Dust them lightly with flour in the same strainer and then shake off the excess flour. To prevent the raisins from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- Add to batter, and then stirring well.
- Pour into the greased square cake pan and then let it rest for about 10 minutes before the baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40-45 minutes or until the inserted wooden pick or knife comes out clean. And then let it cool for about 1 hour and frost.
For the Orange Cake Icing
- 1/3 cup of buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. of butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tsp. of orange extract
- 1 tsp. of grated orange peel
- 1 tbsp. of Tang drink powder
- 3 oz. of softened cream cheese
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- Combine all the ingredients above in a medium size of bowl, and then beat them until turns to smooth. And then after that, pour it and spread evenly over the cooled cake.
- Dust the top of the cake with a 1/2 cup chopped nuts. And then, let it cool in the refrigerator for about 1 hour before serving.
For the Lemon Herman Cake
- Just use the Orange Cake recipe but substitute the grated lemon rind or the orange peel in the cake batter and icing recipe and then substitute the lemon extract for the orange extract and lemonade drink powder for the Tang.
And that’s the Herman Orange Raisin Cake, after trying this you will really see the beauty of orange cake that is filled with raisins. This is also an ideal to serve for any occasions like birthday, gatherings or even for father’s day if your father love cakes too. So, serve and enjoy this cake with your family.
Aside from this Herman Orange Raisin Cake Recipe, you can also try this Black Fruitcake Recipe – Great Dessert.