Get some smarty ideas in designing your cakes this coming Halloween season and make it as creepiest as it could be!
When one thinks of throwing a spooky theme party, Halloween cakes are something not to be missed. Along with many other foods to be gazed at the party, the cakes are the ones wherein you can add a bit of drama and experiment with a lot of stuff to make it look spookier. This is one of the most favorite dishes which the kids would be waiting for when a theme party is arranged.
The design of Halloween cakes needs to be different from the usual cakes and need to be in cohesion with the theme of the party. There are different bakers who specialize in preparing Halloween Cakes. You can make your party delightful by ordering one from them.
On the other hand if you are ready to invest some time in preparing a cake of your own, there are different recipes available in the internet that you could follow. I am of the opinion that baking the cake yourself would give much more satisfaction than buying it from vendors. Here are some tips that you could follow while preparing a Halloween cake.
- If the theme is graveyard, any cookies can be used as tombstones, which are decorated with faces or words using icing and whipped creams together with icings can be used to create ghost like creatures. It is common to add gummy worms before serving.
- For spider cakes, small marshmallow pieces can be used as eyes of the spider. These need to be cut into halves and topped with black food color.
- Different spooky toppings that look like Skelton, Spider etc can be used to decorate the cake.
- Pumpkin is commonly used because it is great to give the shape of a scary 3-dimensional ghost by carving it appropriately.
- One can also think of something mysterious by incorporating some spooky element that peeks out when you cut the cake open. That sounds exciting right? You could also bake the cake bloody red in color using food colors and a give an overall coating of white icing. You can see the thrilled expression on the kids when they see the blood red color oozing out when you cut the cake.
- If you are planning to make a big Halloween cake stacked in two rows, you could make a witch’s castle at the top which is truly spooky. Make sure to make skeletons using pretzel sticks and decorate it at random places on the cake.
So get going and use these ideas to make the best Halloween cakes ever and enjoy the compliments pouring through.