How about giving your cookies that orange tangy taste? Why don’t you give it a try for some Orange Cookies recipe? This is something that your kids will surely love.
Hello everyone! It’s snack time again. Today, I will be making freshly bake orange cookies for this sunny afternoon. This is so delectable and perfectly paired with fresh fruit juices. I can call this recipe as refreshing cookies because even though I serve this for breakfast aside from snack, It gives us an aromatic breakfast. I smell the delightful smell from stairs to the kitchen. It really made my day. My kids and my partner also loves this.
This is also one of the best recipe i ever bake. Aside from the delicious taste, it is also have a perfect crisp and tender texture why we love it. And now, the ingredients and procedure below is easy for you to follow.
Freshly Bake Orange Cookies Recipe
For the dough:
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup margarine
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
For the glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoon melted margarine
1. For the dough: Grate 2 teaspoon peel of orange and slice orange in a half. Squeeze orange for about 1/4 cup of juice. Set aside the peel and juice.
2. Combine margarine, eggs, and sugar in a bowl. Beat until it the sugar dissolves and fluffy. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture gradually to egg mixture and mix thoroughly.Add the grated orange peel and juice together into the batter mixture. Mix thoroughly together.
3. Grease first the cookie sheet with margarine. Spoon and drop cookie into the cookie shit for about 1 inch distance to the next cookie drop. Bake cookies for about 350 degree Fahrenheit for 13 minutes or when it turns in light brown color. Transfer cookies into the wire rack to cool completely.
4. For the orange glaze, Grate 2 teaspoons of the orange’s peel, cut into half and squeeze orange for about 1/4 cup.
5. Mix orange peel, sugar, orange juice, and melted margarine together. Glaze cookies when it cool.
You can also try this Sweetheart’s cookies recipe for valentines day. This is also sweet, crunchy and delicious.