Looking for a great breakfast to your sweetheart then do a french toast doughnut with a cup of love and kisses.
A French toast doughnuts is a dish of any types of bread that is normally soaked in beaten eggs and fried. This is such a great and simple recipe because you usually have all of the ingredients lying in your house, a really quick and easy recipe for your morning breakfast. If you have kids and lots of work to do this will suit you.
This French Toast Doughnuts reminds me of what we have way back home of a very typical sweet toasted bread with caramelized sugar, similar to the ingredients and procedure of this recipe, a deliciously fantastic recipe that you and your children would surely love.
French Toast Doughnuts
2 large eggs
1 tsp lemon zest
4 tsp. vanilla extract
60 ml full fat milk
4 slices white bread
25 grams butter
½ tsp. vegetable oil for frying
50 grams caster sugar
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, lemon zest and vanilla. Stir that up and pour it into a flat pan.
- Cut your bread in half and soak it in the egg mixture and let it sit for 5 minutes on each side to make sure they are well distributed.
- While soaking, prepare your berries and cut your strawberries in small bite size pieces.
- Heat the frying pan with small amount of oil and butter and fry the egg-soaked bread until golden brown and scorched in parts on both sides.
- Put the sugar on a plate and then dip the cooked bread in it until coated like a sugared doughnut.
- Place the berries and cut strawberries on top.
There we go a berry French toast doughnuts.
Ah! This is perfectly served for breakfast and I’m highly getting addicted to this that I make this almost twice a week. French toast doughnuts are full of flavor recipe and are just divine!