Today, in honor of your sweet tooth I’ll be sharing with you a classic English dessert and originated in Eton College the Eton Mess Dessert. There is one thing better than strawberries and cream, it’s Eton Mess. When food is simple it can be spectacular and you can really get this done in a matter of moment.
Strawberries and cream is a divine pairing but I think we can even make it better with a meringue and I’m telling you the combination is made in heaven. This is such a good, amazingly delicious dessert that anybody had made it before has fall in love with it.
I made this myself for my family and guess what they all loved it and have already asked me to make it again. A beautiful and easy Eton Mess Dessert definitely fit for any occasion. Can’t wait to make this again! Let me share with you what you will need.
Eton Mess Dessert Recipe
4 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
2 tsp. powdered sugar
2 tsp. pomegranate juice
2 cups heavy whipping cream
4 packs of small meringue cookies
- In a bowl, toss the chop strawberries, powdered sugar and pomegranate juice. Set aside while you whip the cream.
- Whip the cream in a large bowl until it turns into soft peaks.
- Roughly crumble in 4 packs of meringues into the cream mixture, you will need chunks for texture, as well as a little fine dust.
- Add half of the chopped strawberries, and fold the meringue cream and rest of the fruit mixture together.
- Arrange on four serving plates or glasses, or in a mound, and top each one with some of the remaining macerated strawberries.