Have the almonds not in a chocolate but with this Dundee cake! Yeap! It’s in the cake and I find that almond is more crunchy and superb yummy to eat when it is with cake. So, try it and you will be amazed too.
There are lots of version of Dundee Cake that claims that it was the one but the truth that it would traditionally serve when it contains with the almonds, whisky and the zest of an orange. But any versions of it still do good taste.
And now, I’m sharing this recipe for you to try it also, how great the taste is.
Dundee Cake Recipe
- 3 1/4 cups of sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups of softened butter
- 1/4 cup of sliced blanched almonds
- 1 1/2 cups of currants
- 1 cup of diced mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup of dark seedless raisins
- 3/4 cup of light seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup of halved candied cherries
- 1/2 cup of brandy
- 3/4 tsp. of salt
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 5 pieces of eggs
- Before you start to bake for tomorrow, soak the fruits in brandy for an overnight.
- Cream butter and add sugar, then cream again.
- Beat in the eggs for one at a time while beating them well after each addition.
- Then add the sifted dry ingredients.
- Drain the fruits and then stir into the batter.
- And then, pour into prepared tube pan.
- Then, sprinkle with almonds and then gently press into top of the batter.
- Let it bake at 325 degrees F for about 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan for about 30 minutes and then remove from pan and let it cool again on rack.
So, now our Dundee cake is ready to serve after a 30 minutes of cooling it. So, enjoy the eating! And while having this Dundee cake, you can also add some creamy and cool refreshment for a partner of Dundee cake, the Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe. And now not just you will have fun eating the Dundee cake, but also the kids will really be so in love with all of the food you will serve for them. So, good luck! And enjoy the rest of the day spending a little time to serve and be with your whole family.
As always, don’t forget to share this wonderful and delicious Dundee Cake recipe with your family and friends.