Get this easy to follow dinner rolls recipe. A true homemade dinner rolls even beginners find these easy to make.
Dinner Rolls Recipe
4 cups All Purpose Flour
¼ oz. Pack of Rapid Rise Yeast
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
1 cup whole milk , slightly warm
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temp.
3 Egg Yolks
3 Tbsp. melted Unsalted Butter
- In a small saucepan, add in the milk and butter and heat it up just until the butter melts. Use a candy thermometer to make sure the mixture reaches 120°.
- Transfer the milk and butter mixture to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook and sprinkles the yeast over the top. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes give the yeast mixture a quick mix, to that add in the flour, sugar, egg yolks and salt and mix with in low speed just until the flour is incorporated.
- Increase the speed to medium high and to 5-7 minutes or until the dough is super soft.
- Knead it for just a minute to pull it together before you let it rise.
- Once the dough is nice and smooth, oiled the bowl and grease the top and sides of the dough with a little oil as well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for an hour or until it has almost doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, flour your workplace and dump your dough. Use a dough scraper to cut the dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Once you have divided your dough to 12 pieces put it in a lightly grease baking dish with either butter or cooking spray. Cover the dough pieces with a kitchen towel and let it sit for another 45 minutes or until they are about one and half times bigger than the original size.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°.
- Once the rolls have risen, bake them for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately, brush them with melted butter when they come out of the oven.
Dinner rolls recipe are simple, easy, and classic for a reason. Paired this with a cup of coffee hmmmm very delicious!