Bring back the childhood memories with this Custard Pie that is commonly baked by our grandparents, and learn how it is simple to bake but has a luscious taste than ever!
When it’s about the pies, well the best baker for that is my grandma. I remember that whenever I come home from visiting her, my stomach is always full because my grandma is the very thoughtful kind of grandmother in the world. She always cook for me and for my cousins, that’s why every weekends, when my friends invited me for a hangout, I always decline and go to my grandma’s house because aside from I can enjoy her cook, I also want to spend the rest of their days even weekends with me and with my cousins sometimes.
But now, since I already know how to do this, I want to bake it for her with my grandfather, and bring my dad and mom in there and have a picnic outside or at the backyard while watching the sunset goes down and wait for the stars to come out. This is my only dream for them to make them feel that they are everything to me. So for you guys, if you want some recipes that would make you remember with your grandparents or family, try this Custard Pie Recipe and all the memories will bring you back when you were in your childhood days.
To know this recipe, procedures with the ingredients are just down below for you to follow. Good luck and enjoy!
- 10 pieces of eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 quart of scalded milk
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- Prepare the Scald milk and the butter.
- Let it cool and then add to the egg mixture composed of eggs, sugar, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- And then, pour out the mixture into the pie crust lined that has deep dish in 9 inch pie plate.
- After that, place it in a 450 degrees F preheated oven.
- And bake for about 20 minutes only.
- After 20 minute, turn off completely the heat and let the pie stand in the oven for just about 1 hour.
And when it’s completely cool, you can now serve the Custard Pie to enjoyed by everybody in your home, especially the kids because when it comes to pie’s, kids attentions are always in. You can also add some drinks or an ice cream that will give everybody total refreshment and if you want to ask my suggestion what is the perfect one for this recipe, well I would say you must try this Cardamom Ice Cream. So, until next time again!
Don’t forget to share this Custard Pie recipe.