Make the best thing for today, and that’s baking, and bake this Coconut Custard Pie! The best pie ever!
Do you believe in love? How about love at first sight? Well if yes then maybe you will also lose yourself when you tried to bake and taste this Coconut Custard Pie Recipe, this is a traditional recipe from my mom which she knows it from her grandmother too.
So, are you ready for trying this one? Don’t worry about the process, because in this recipe, you will learn it simple with the best result after. So, if you’re interested to learn about this recipe, then good thing because the procedures are just down there. Good luck! And I hope you will enjoy this recipe!
- Pastry for the single crust 9-inch pie
- 1/2 cup of toasted flaked coconut
- 1 tsp. of coconut extract (optional) *May substitute 24 packets Equal® sweetener
- 4 pieces of eggs
- 2 cups of 2% milk
- 1 cup of Equal® Spoonful*
- 2 tbsp. of cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
In every recipe, I always had an advice to prepare the things first that are listed above before moving to the procedure, so that it will not make you panic and make your Coconut Custard Pie Recipe the best than ever.
- Roll the pastry on the floured surface into the circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie plate.
- And then, ease the pastry into pan and trim and flute edges.
- Pierce the inside of crust with tines of a fork.
- And then, bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for just about 10 to 12 minutes or until it turns to light golden in color.
- And let it cool on a wire rack while preparing the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until well combined and then whisk in milk, together the Equal®, cornstarch and salt until blended.
- After that, stir in the coconut and extract. And blend them again.
- And then, pour out the egg mixture into baked pastry shell.
- Let it bake in 375 degree F oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- After its bake, remove it from the oven and then let it cool on a wire rack.
Form a traditional recipe, this Coconut Custard Pie, is 35% calorie reduction and can be serve at room temperature but it is much better if it is well chilled from the fridge. This Coconut Custard Pie is enjoyable too especially when it is partnered with a cozy cup of ice cream that will totally melt in your mouth and make you feel so refreshing, and that’s the Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe.
If you wish, you can top this Coconut Custard Pie recipe with some of your favorite fruits.