Have a Happy and Blessed Hanukkah with this Chocolate Hanukkah Stars, im sure you would really be in love in every bite of these Chocolate Hanukkah Stars cookies and enjoy the rest of 8 days of the feast.
Chocolate Hanukkah Stars Recipe
Hanukkah is a candle holder that has lit candle in every day, until the eight days are over, it is commonly celebrated by Jewish people in Israel that lasted for 8 days and for those people celebrating Hanukkah is blessings are said over them. And it is also called as the Feast of Dedication or Feast of Lights. And now, in the preparation of the Hanukkah, I am now representing this recipe for you, it is Chocolate Hanukkah Stars, a shared recipe from my grandpa who also used to celebrate Hanukkah when he lived in Israel for 5 years, he shared this recipe to me and because I was a foreign of this recipe and he wanted me to share it for others, now I’m taking the chance to share this for you. This is for the people who are celebrating Hanukkah, and for those people who want to taste how Hanukkah in other country was celebrated. I hope you will enjoy this recipe!
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs worth of egg substitute
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 cup of Prune Butter (see the 2 recipe below)
- In a large bowl, beat the prune butter and then with the sugar and egg substitute on medium speed of electric mixer.
- And then, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and the salt and then add to butter mixture while beating until well blended.
- Cover the mixture and then, refrigerate the dough until firm enough to handle.
- And then, prepare a preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8-inch thickness and then cut with star-shaped cookie cutter (can use menorah, dreidel and others).
- After that, place it on ungreased cookie sheet.
- And then, bake for about 5 to 7 minutes or until no imprint remains when touched lightly in the center.
- Cool for about 3 minute or until it is cool enough to remove it from the cookie sheet, and then after it was removed, transfer it to the wire rack.
- Let it cool completely and then sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- In those servings of ingredients, you can make cookies for about 4 dozen cookies or 48 cookies.
Two recipes for the prune butter that will really give much different tastes.
Simmer for about 10 minutes in 1 cup of pitted prunes and 1 cup of water, and then purée strained the prunes and the 1/4 cup of cooking liquid in blender or food processor.
Purée the 1/2 cup or the 1 stick of butter to the 2 pitted prunes in a blender or food processor.
And that’s’ how the Chocolate Hanukkah Stars is made easy, me, after tasting this sweet cookie, I felt in love and super duper like the yummy flavor of the Prune butter that I never had tasted into other recipes of my mother. So, for you guys, I hope you like it too. Until next recipe again and don’t forget to share this Chocolate Hanukkah Stars Recipe with our family and friends.