Who can refuse this kind of pie which is sweet and the blackberries are fresh from garden? Neither of you can’t refuse this Blackberry Recipes which is the Blackberry Sweetheart Pie because when you taste it, you almost forgot your name. As a pastry chef, this is one of my favorite specialties because this is an extraordinary pie that challenges me to make this perfectly. I failed several of times in making this one and I practiced so hard to make it right.
And yes! I did it! Having an accomplishment in making something is a big honor to you and I include myself when my fruit of hard work in making this pie done perfectly. That’s why I never replace this to any recipes even how expensive they are. This recipe is not so expensive but rich in flavor and delicious. When making this recipe, make sure that your blackberries are ripe and not over ripe. Wash thoroughly the blackberries to avoid bacteria.
The crust of course should be done perfectly to come out crisp and not fall apart together with the fillings. For my own version, I made a homemade butter crust to match the sweetness of the blackberry filling. So are you ready to practice this new dessert recipe? Here’s how to do it.
Blackberry Sweetheart Pie
1 dough recipe for pie crust (top and bottom)
6 cups of blackberries
¾ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
¼ teaspoon almond extract
3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- In a large bowl, combine the blackberries, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, lemon zest, almond extract and tapioca. Fold gently the blackberries until it coated with sugar and leave for 30 minutes.
- You should have 2 balls of dough. 1 is for bottom crust and the other is for top crust. Using the rolling pin, flatten the dough with a flour surface until the crust is thinly flat for about 12 inches diameter when you are using the 9 inch baking pan. Cover the baking pan with the dough and let it chill into the refrigerator while you roll the top crust.
- For the top crust, make strips to cover up the fillings.
- In a refrigerated bottom crust, pour the blackberry mixture and cover it into the top strips crust. Fold each edge to secure the fillings and to make a solid top crust.
- In a 400 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven, bake the Blackberry Sweetheart Pie for 30 minutes. Place an aluminum foil on top to avoid the crust burnt. Low the heat for 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 30 minutes until the crust is totally brown or it looks the crust crispy ant the filling is bubbly.
- Remove into the oven and place into the rack and let it cool before serving.
This is how the Blackberry Recipes for a Blackberry Sweetheart Pie made. I hope you’ll learn a lot from this recipe.