Yummm…. My friends just can’t wait to try this Banana Butterfingers Cake Recipe. Butterfingers is not really my favorite but this is something that my friends had requested. Try this recipe today.
Homemade Banana Butterfingers Cake
Banana cake usually made with just Banana but today we are going to make an extravagant creation with a Butterfingers chocolate. Sounds good and exciting right? So, here our ingredients and easy recipe below to get it started.
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Butterfinger bars
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 7 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into large pieces
- 1 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 14 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp dark rum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups chopped Butterfingers bars
Banana has many benefits that can help you from hangovers, digestive system and also it can make your bones stronger. And to tell you when I was a kid my mom advise me when I choke up a fishbone while we eat our dinner that banana can help to dislodge the fishbone in my throat. And I did eat the banana, it dislodged the fishbone. That was funny because everybody in dining room was laughing at me. Anyway I know you’re excited so here’s the preparation to bake the cake.
To prepare Cake:
- Position rack in top third of oven.
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Put butter two 9-inch diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch high sides. Line bottoms with wax paper rounds. Butter and flour paper.
- Sift baking powder, flour and salt into medium bowl.
- Using the electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- Gently add sugar and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in with dark rum and vanilla extract.
- Combine sour cream and baking soda into another medium bowl.
- Add mashed bananas to sour cream mixture and stir until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with banana mixture, at the beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Stir in with chopped Butterfingers bars.
- Divide butter between prepared pans.
- Bake until center of cake feels firm and tester inserted into center comes out clean, for 30 minutes.
- Cool the pans on rack 10 minutes.
- Run a small knife around sides of cakes to loosen.
- Turn out the cakes onto racks and cook. Peel off wax paper.
*This can be prepared 1 day ahead.
Note: Always wrap cakes tightly and store at room temp.
To prepare the Glaze:
- Combine the cream with butter and corn syrup in heavy medium saucepan.
- Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring until the butter melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Stir with rum and vanilla extract.
- Pour glaze into another small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate just until cool and thick, stirring occasionally, about 40 mins.
- Transfer 1 cake layer to platter. Slide waxed paper strips under edges of cake.
- Stir glaze until smooth.
- Spread 1 cup glaze evenly over top of cake layer.
- Top with second cake layer. Spread remaining glaze over top and sides of cake. And cover the top and sides of cake with chopped Butterfingers bars.
- Remove paper strips. (Can be made 2 days ahead).
Note: Always cover the cake and store at room temperature for great result.
Wow! I was surprised about the taste of Banana Butterfingers Cake it’s very delicious and had real taste of banana with butterfingers. And can yield 12 servings, I feel like my hormones are jumping in happiness. Aside from that, you can also have the great benefits from banana. You can also try this Banana Chocolate Chips Muffin Recipe.
Banana Butterfingers Cake is a healthy snack that you can share with your family for this summer and I’m sure your kids will surely love this.